FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IT’S HERO HAPPY HOUR TIME, BUT KIM JONG-UN IS CUT OFF!
Costa Mesa, CA – December 22, 2014 – GeekPunk, publishers of the fan-favorite superhero comedy comic book Hero Happy Hour, officially declares a stance against tyranny with the announcement of their newest comic book title, Hero Happy Hour Vs. The Supreme Leader.
The gang of regulars from the Hideout Bar & Grill will skip a round or two of drinks in order to go toe-to-toe against the infamous Supreme Leader of an Eastern Asian Republic who is hell-bent on controlling international media and conquering the world.
A brief timeline of key moments regarding the Supreme Leader’s tyrannical attempts to take over the world…
- November 24, 2014 — A major motion picture studio is hacked. Speculation is that the attack is retaliation for the upcoming release of a movie about an assassination attempt on the Supreme Leader.
- December 1, 2014 — The FBI confirms that it is investigating the attack and whether the homeland of the Supreme Leader may be linked to the incident.
- December 11, 2014 — The state-run news outlet of the Supreme Leader’s homeland calls the hacking a “righteous deed” but calls the Supreme Leader’s involvement a “wild rumor.”
- December 16, 2014 — Cyber terrorists threaten catastrophic retribution if the film dishonoring the Supreme Leader is released.
- December 17, 2014 — The studio announces that it will no longer be releasing the film in question on Christmas Day.
- December 18, 2014 — GeekPunk announces that they are publishing the comic book Hero Happy Hour Vs. The Supreme Leader.
- December 22, 2014 — GeekPunk officially announces that a Kickstarter campaign running for ten days only will launch on Christmas Day (the originally scheduled release date of the film in question) to use crowdfunding to publish a limited edition of the Hero Happy Hour Vs. The Supreme Leader comic book.
Hero Happy Hour Vs. The Supreme Leader is an all-new comic book by the original Hero Happy Hour creative of Dan Taylor (writer) and Chris Fason (artist) that will include at least 24 black & white pages of original Hero Happy Hour content and story, including…
- Heroics pushed beyond the limits!
- Heroes facing worldwide annihilation!
- The Mega-Jong of Mass Destruction!
- The first appearance of Booster Badger!
- Two guys named James and Seth.
- And, the introduction of the Ambassador Worm.
But, that’s not all! Up to eight generous backers of the Hero Happy Hour Vs. The Supreme Leader Kickstarter will have an opportunity to be featured in a “walk-on role” in the comic book. Hero Happy Hour co-creators Taylor and Fason will write and draw their likeness into the comic book story and be featured as a character. This is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for superhero comic book fans and opponents of oppression.
Due to the timely manner of the material, Hero Happy Hour Vs. The Supreme Leader is being fast-tracked for production and publication and the Kickstarter campaign will run for a limited time of only ten days. The comic book is scheduled to be released on the heels of GeekPunk’s previous successful Kickstarter campaign—Hero Happy Hour: On The Rocks. This will be the only self-contained print-run of Hero Happy Hour Vs. The Supreme Leader.
About Hero Happy Hour
Imagine pulling up a stool to the bar and sipping a frosty pint of your favorite beverage as you listen in on the conversations of the “regulars” that frequent the neighborhood tavern. But, this establishment is unlike any other bar. The Hideout Bar & Grill caters to the super heroes of First City. And, this watering hole serves as more than just a place to wash away the troubles of serving and protecting society as crime-fighting crusaders. For the regular heroes it is “a place where everyone knows your name,” secret identity or not. Originally published in 2002 as Super Hero Happy Hour, the comic has been published by GeekPunk as five stand-alone issues, collected in one trade paperback, and an anthology with guest talent. Super Deluxe Hero Happy Hour: The Lost Episode was published by IDW Publishing.
GeekPunk is an independent publisher of comic books. We could be called small press, self-published, or independent. But, we prefer the term guerrilla publishers. Formed in order to publish the comic book Hero Happy Hour, GeekPunk will continue to publish additional issues of Hero Happy Hour as well as producing and publishing other entertaining products for those looking for something different. For additional information visit the GeekPunk web site at geekpunk.com.
For More Information Contact: